Publish Your Book
A. Format & Style
Book/Monograph: All Book/Monograph must be typed in A4 size (font size 12) in double space in single column with at least 1.5 inch margin on all sides. Authors should submit single MS word files that contain the following entire book with cover page, reference, annexure etc.
B. Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submitted manuscript has not been previously published, nor it is submitted before in any other publisher for consideration.
- All authors have agreed to sign the Authors’ Agreement Form (if necessary) describing their role in the book/chapter and taking responsibility of all disputes, if arises, from their contents in the book/chapter.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx / .rtf) document file format.
- Manuscript is ordered as follows: Title page, Abstract, Keywords, Table of Contents, Full Text (heading/sub heading), Acknowledgements (if any), References, Tables & Figures (labelled).
- Title page must contain Title of the book, Author’s Affiliations and Corresponding author’s email id and address.
- The abstract must be well structured and limited to 250 words.
- 4-6 Keywords are indicated separately and arranged in alphabetical order
- References are well formatted followed by the guidelines of the book, and cited in the text as well.
Brief Profile of the Author: Please provide profile of the author (s) in a separate word file of around 250 words along with recent passport size clear photograph.
About the Book: A summary/abstract of the book/chapter within 250-300 words must be submitted
Language: We publish books in English only.
References: We advocate the citation of new papers; old references are better replaced with updated ones. The authors are responsible for the correctness of references. References should be kept to a minimum and listed in alphabetical order. Personal communication and unpublished data should not be included in reference list. The list of reference at the end of the text should be in the following format. The authors are responsible for the correctness of references.
In the text, references should be cited as follows: two authors (Mohali and Bhowmik, 2019), three or more authors (Mullar et al., 2017). Listing of references in the text should be chronological separated by semicolon, e.g. (Smith, 1987; John, 1999; Moriss et al., 2000).
Reference at the end
- Barmudoi, B., Bharali, B., 2016. Effects of light intensity and quality on physiological changes in winter rice (Oryza Sativa L.). International Journal of Environmental & Agriculture Research 2, 65–76.
- Acharya, S., Mishra, H.P., Dash, D., 2002. Efficacy of insecticides against okra jassid, Amrasca biguttula biguttula Ishida. Annals of Plant Protection Science 10, 230-232.
Atwal, A.S., 1976. Agricultural pest of India and South East Asia. Kalyani pub., Ludhiana, Punjab, India, pp. 256-257.
Chapter in a book
Chang, G.C., Kareiva, P., 1999. The case for indigenous generalists in biological control. In: Theoretical approaches to biological control, (Eds.) Hawkins, B.A. and H.V. Cornell. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom, pp. 103-115.
Published proceedings paper
Chundawat, G.S., Sharma, U.S., 2003. Bio-efficacy of some newer acaricides against red spider mite on brinjal. In: Proceedings of the National Symposium on Frontier Areas of Entomological Research, New Delhi, November 5-7, pp. 287-288.
Dissertation or thesis
Manjulatha, M., 1999. Bio-efficacy of certain newer insecticides against spider mite, Tetranychus neocaledonicus Andre (Acari: Tetranychidae) on vegetables. M.Sc. (Agri.,) Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, India, p. 92.
http://www.biospace.com. 27 May, 2001.
1) Indian Authors: BIOTICA Publications charges humble amount as follows
a) Pages upto 100: INR 8,000
b) Pages in between 100 to 200: INR 9,000
c) Pages in between 200 to 300: INR10,000
This charge inclusive of costs like cover page design, layout work, along with cost of ISBN with 5 complementary books. Shipping charges will be extra.
2) For International Authors (Authors outside India):
a) Pages upto 100: US$ 140
b) Pages in between 100 to 200: US$ 160
c) Pages in between 200 to 300: US$ 180
This charge inclusive of costs like cover page design, layout work, along with cost of ISBN Number with 5 Complementary Color Books. Shipping charges will be extra.
Royalty to the Authors
Author receives 100% royalty on the profit of each and every book sold.
Profit = MRP – Expenses (Production Cost + Distribution Charges)
Author’s Royalty = 100% Share of Profit.
Maximum Retail Price (MRP) is a price of book at which it is sold from BIOTICA E-shop. It is important factor as it governs the book sale and royalty.
E. Editorial Procedures: All papers considered appropriate for this book will be reviewed anonymously by at least two reviewers. The review process usually takes 2-3 weeks. Papers/book chapter are accepted for publication subject to no substantive, stylistic editing. The Editor reserves the right to make any necessary changes in the content, or request the author to do so, or reject the book/chapter submitted. A copy of the edited book/chapter along with the first proofs will be sent to the author for proofreading. It should be corrected and returned to the Editor within seven days. Once the final version of the paper has been accepted, authors are requested not to make further changes to the text.
F. Length of Paper: Manuscript must not exceed 20-25 A4 pages including references and appendix to be typed double spaced.
G. Deadline: The final date for submission of contributions will be different for each book and will be finalized by the Editor –in –Chief of each book.
H. Submission of Articles: Authors are invited to submit their manuscripts strictly following the Author Guidelines through online mode or through E-mail: bioticapublicat[email protected], incase any query you may call to +91-9863023086.